Do you wish you had a quick checklist to track your success? It's not in to-do/ta-da! lists. These are helpful and vitally important, to be sure, but I'm talking about how you feel. How do you feel when you complete a project, when something amazing happens or when you realize that you have accomplished a goal that you had thought was impossible? Do you celebrate or diminish your success?
If you catch yourself saying any of the following (or some rendition thereof):
- (after receiving kudos) "Thank you, but I'm just doing my duty as a human being."
- (after accomplishing something challenging) "Well, I could have done X better."
- (after receiving a compliment) "Yeah, but my (body part) is still kind of big/ugly/fat/too skinny/whatever-other-perceived-imperfection."
- (after hitting all green lights on your commute) "Well, that was a fluke. It'll never happen again."
- (after receiving thanks for anything) "Oh, no problem! It was nothing!"
STOP THAT! Those types of reflexive responses, without any thought, are blocking the flow of abundance! Yes…flow, abundance, airy-fairy speak for some, I know. But think about it. Have you ever paid a compliment to someone only to hear all the reasons why you are either wrong or that they do not deserve the compliment? How did you feel in that moment? It feels a bit like one foot on the gas, one on the brake.
Do you want more out of life? Do you want improved self-confidence, better health, more success, a great relationship, more money? Are you willing to make some changes? If so, then consider printing the list below and practicing this every day. Commit to 7 days, and make note of how different you feel each day. Then extend this practice to 21 days, keeping track of how you feel. Note any changes in your life, your outlook, what "happens" around you and what you notice. After 21 days, see if you are practicing these 7 things regularly without thinking much about it. WOW! You have formed a new habit, and I predict at a bare minimum, that you will experience change. It is up to you if that change is positive, though I am pretty comfortable saying that I believe you will experience positive change.
Below is a list of the 7 things I have learned, re-learned and re-re-learned, especially in the last few months, and I share them with you freely. You're welcome (insert goofy emoji smiley face of your choice).
Here are the 7 things you need to know to be successful:
- Get CRYSTAL CLEAR on your vision, and believe in it relentlessly.
- When a door doesn't open, make sure you've tried pulling as well as pushing - just in case.
- If the door doesn't open either way, lean back and look to see if it's a facade; the real door is probably very close by, and all you need to do is adjust your view so you can see it. Then gently push/pull that door, or find a window and do the same.
- Draw up your plan, then let go of the exact details of the final outcome. Think: "This or even better…"
- Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.
- BELIEVE that "it" will come together. When you believe it, you will see it.
- CELEBRATE and invite the flow of abundance. Stay open to it, do not diminish the good stuff. The more you allow yourself to see and feel the awesomeness of your accomplishments, the more you will accomplish.
I wish you the best of success as you continue to strive toward your highest fulfillment. You've got this.
Blessings. Gratitude. Love. ~ TLC